The Bottom Line
- Magnetic closure won't wear out
- Always handy if you throw it on the fridge
- Clean up is simple
- Heavy and durable, will last for a long time
- Looks great
- More expensive than most bibs
- Leather bib with attractive patterns
- Reversible with crumb-catching pocket
- Magnetic neck closure
- Created by a mother of two children
- Also available now directly at Mally Bibs new online store
Guide Review - Baby Bib
When I tested the bib, I found that it was very easy to clean with just a washcloth and that even foods that normally stain, like squash and tomato-based foods, come right off if taken care of promtly. Some spaghetti did leave a stain when I left it overnight, but it was easily remedied with a paste of water and baking soda.
If you are using the bib for breast or formula feeding, you should probably use a cloth diaper, burp rag or baby washcloth over the bib, since it didn't soak up liquid very quickly, at least not the kind that can come from a fast flowing bottle or breast. It did, however, provide the perfect barrier for this type of feeding with just the washcloth needing to be thrown in the wash, not the entire outfit.
The bibs are about $30 a piece which might give some moms a bit of sticker shock, but rest assured if you invest in a few of these, you'll save money over buying lots of cloth bibs that stain and wear out over time. This bib will last through the messy feeding years and probably through several children.