I bet you can remember the last time you did a load of laundry, the last time one of your little ones gave you a hug or perhaps the last time one of your little ones created a little artwork on the wall (smile) but when was the last time you took time out for you?
It is very important to be sure to take time out for yourself. I made a vow a while ago to be sure to take time for myself away from home. I have a husband and 4 children and I schedule time for myself weekly. Whether I am alone or with girlfriends, I find the time that I spend dedicated to myself to be priceless.
I love 'Girls Day out'! This is where you pal around with your friend or friends and just have fun (childless fun). Just imaging being able to drink an entire cup of tea or coffee before it gets cold or actually eating your entire meal without having to share it. It isn't selfish to carve out a little 'me time' - it is actually a great way to nurture yourself and a wonderful way to rejuvenate yourself as well.
Usually after just a few hours out alone, I can be found cruising home in my van smiling and singing to the radio! I fell totally renewed, rejuvenated and ready to tackle just about ANYTHING (accept the laundry that might be screaming at me - I just yell back and tell it that I will handle it later).
Be sure to steal a few hours for yourself to get away. If for some reason you can't leave the house perhaps just take some quiet time for yourself after the children are in bed and treat yourself to a good book, a bubble bath a nice movie or anything else that you get enjoyment from.
Here are 5 fun & easy ways to pamper yourself and nurture your mind, body and spirit:
- Wake up before the others in the house do and flip through a magazine or simply sip on a hot cup of coffee or tea and enjoy a few uninterrupted moments before the day fully begins.
- Weather permitting, take a nice walk and just enjoy your surroundings. Take note of all the beauty that is surrounding you.
- Take short breaks during your day whether you are a stay at home mom, work at home mom or work outside of the home, try doing something for yourself periodically throughout the day. You can close your eyes and daydream, browse through the paper or simply have a short friendly chat with a friend.
- Treat yourself to a manicure, pedicure or even a new hairstyle. We often are so used to treating others that we forget to treat ourselves and forget to let others pamper us.
- Take a nice long warm bubble bath. Fill your mind and senses with a nice fragrance and just soak for as long as you can.
Aurelia Williams is the mom of four busy children, a Personal Life Coach and the owner of Real Life Solutions, which is an informational site that also offers products, articles and a great newsletter. You can also hear Aurelia daily on the WAHM Talk Radio show; she is the Resident Life Coach.