Babies and Toddlers Community
By Maureen Ryan
- Talk to Other Parents on the Babies and Toddlers Forums
- Make Your Voice Heard on the Babies and Toddlers Blog
- Make Your Vote Count with our Parenting Polls
- Share Pictures of Your Baby or Toddler
- Share Your Parenting Experience and Knowledge
Talk to Other Parents on the Babies and Toddlers Forums
Whether it's 1 a.m. and your baby won't sleep or it's 1 p.m. and you need some adult conversation while your toddler is napping, you can find someone to talk to on our forums. Introduce yourself and lurk for a while or jump right in. If you have questions, you can get answers from parents with a variety of parenting styles, experiences and backgrounds.
- Visit the Main Babies and Toddlers Forum
- Visit the Ages and Stages Forum
- Have a Parenting Pet Peeve? Start a Debate on the Debate Forum
- Just Want to Browse? Enter the Main Forum as a Guest
- Haven't Delivered Yet? Join a Due Date Forum
- Register as a New Member
- How to Use the Forum
- Forum Guidelines
- About.com's User Agreement
Make Your Voice Heard on the Babies and Toddlers Blog
While my blog is usually a place where you can find out what's new on the site and learn more about caring for your baby and toddler, sometimes topics come up that elicit strong opinions and feelings. Talking through these issues and trying to see all sides of an issue is a great way for parents to make thoughtful, informed decisions. And, of course, sometimes it just feels good to vent about something that's on your mind or share a great tip with other parents. The blog is a great place to sound off.
- Airline Kicks Breastfeeding Mom off Plane. Is it Discrimination?
- What Do You Think About the Baby Borrowers?
- Do You Sterilize Your Baby's Bottles?
- The Conversation on Bottle Sterilization Continues...
- What's in Your Diaper Bag?
- How Do You Discipline Your Toddler?
- What Do You Think of Babies at Work and In Office Child Care?
- What Kind of Music Do You Expose Your Kids to?
- Babies in Movie Theaters... Good Idea or Bad?
- Have You Ever Propped Your Baby's Bottle?
- Products from China: Do You Care?
- How Much TV Do You Let Your Child Watch?
- Are We Over-Parenting Our Kids These Days?
- Which Disposable Diapers Rock?
- Should Parents Use Yard Signs to Announce a New Baby?
- How Long Did Potty Training Take?
- How Do You Feel About Effervescent Pull-Ups?
Make Your Vote Count with our Parenting Polls
Sometimes you want to vote with your voice and sometimes you just want to use your mouse. Take part in a poll and see how other parents feel about these topics.
- Do You Care if Your Child's Products are Made in China?
- Which Gas Remedy Worked Best for Your Baby?
- Which Are Easier to Raise? Boys or Girls?
- When Did Your Baby Start Drinking from a Cup?
- When Did Your Baby Hold a Bottle?
- Do You Wear Mom Jeans or Are Yours Dangerously Low?
- How Often Were You Spanked as a Child?
- Should Hospitals Give Breastfeeding Moms Formula Samples?
- When Did Your Baby First Go Outside for an Extended Period?
- Have You Lost the Weight You Gained During Your Pregnancy?
- When Did You Resume Having Sex After Giving Birth?
- Should Infant Cold Medicine Stay off the Market?
- How Do You Bathe Your Child?
- More Parenting Polls...
Share Pictures of Your Baby or Toddler
Proud parents and grandparents love sharing pictures of their babies and toddlers and other parents love looking at them. I have several galleries of your beautiful children and new galleries spring up all the time. Some babies in the gallery are now grown and in elementary school. It's such a joy to watch your kids grow up on the site. Currently I'm accepting pictures for the galleries below and I'm working on building two new galleries: Baby and Toddler Nurseries and Bedrooms and First Birthday Pictures.
Share Your Parenting Experience and Knowledge
Parents are the best source of information for other parents. Collectively, we are the village that is raising our children. Sharing what you know can be as easy as submitting a quick tip that's worked for you and your family or as in depth as writing a story about your child's birth, an article on a topic you know well or reviewing a product you loved or hated. If you have a parenting blog, I'd love to add you to the blogs listing so other parents can find the great advice you share on your own site.
- Write an Article for Publication
- Submit a Review of a Baby or Toddler Product You Loved or Hated
- Submit a Quick Parenting Tip that's Worked for You
- Get Your Blog Added to the Blogs Category