By Maureen Ryan, About.com Guide
- Simple Toddler Activities
- Toddler Books
- Toddler Activities for Large Motor Skills Development
- Toddler Toys
Simple Toddler Activities
Activities you plan for your child that involve those things you have handy can be more fun for toddlers than expensive toys. You can enjoy playdough, bubbles, paints, and everyday objects that hold magical surprises. The best part is that they'll also save you money.
- Enjoy Outdoor Fun With Toddlers
- Take a Walk (Build Language Skills)
- Traditional Kids' Songs
- Play With Playdough
- Playdough Games
- Finger Paint Recipes
- Paint Recipes
- Blowing Bubbles
- 6 Everyday Objects Toddlers Love to Play With
- Make a Flannel Board
- Make Your Own Musical Instruments
- Make Sidewalk Chalk
- Make Feelie Bags
- Sand and Water Table
Reading is something your toddler can benefit from every day. It will increase your child's vocabulary and lay the foundation for much of his future learning. It's also just a whole lot of fun.
- Great Books to Start Your Toddler's Library
- Parents Share Their Favorite Board Books
- Books About Potty Training
- Books About Sports and Physical Activities
- Books to Read When a New Baby is On the Way
- Make a Sleep Book for Your Toddler
Toddler Activities for Large Motor Skills Development
Once your toddler is on the move, it may seem that all he wants to do is work those large muscle groups. Walking, running, kicking and throwing - it's all so new to him and so much fun. Here are some more ways your toddler can develop large motor skills.
- How to Plan More Physical Activities for Your Toddler
- Things to Do Indoors
- Things to Do Outdoors
- Play Follow the Leader
Toys can provide many hours of education and entertainment for your toddler. They're also one of the ways that your child experiences unstructured play time, which is important for making connections in the brain, gaining independence and learning problem solving skills.
- Toys that Help Toddlers Learn to Walk
- The Toys You Loved Can Be the Toys Your Toddler Loves, Too
- Simple, Inexpensive Toddler Toys
Toddler Activities Videos
Watch these videos to learn more about age-appropriate activities and safety issues to keep in mind when planning things for your toddler to do.
- Music and Toddlers
- Getting Toddlers to Help Around the House
- Should Boys Play with Dolls?
- Get Your Toddler Ready to Use a Pencil
- Teach Your Toddler to Use Scissors
- Teach Your Toddler How to Put on a Coat
- Get Your Toddler Ready for a Doctor Visit
- Get Your Toddler Ready for a Dentist Visit
- Develop Healthy Exercise Habits for Your Toddler
- Building Upper Body Strength in Your Toddler
- Safety on the Playground
Enjoy a bit of mess as you help your toddler make something special with paints, crayons, and, yes, even scissors.
Special Events and Occasions for Young Kids
Enjoy holidays and special occasions with toddlers and 2-year-olds. From Winter holidays to birthday fun, discover age-appropriate activities and ideas.